GOAL SETTING & NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS
Do you set resolutions in the new year? Declare changes you are going to make? Did you ever put pen to paper and make that box grid? Segmenting your life into boxes? A physical or health box, a spiritual & self-care/ work & interests / family & relationship commitments. For many, writing out and setting goals can assist to staying on your journey. More importantly the focus should be on the intention of why you have set these goals and how can this be achieved?
Here are some of my key points when setting goals:
- Choose realistic goals as achieving them improves our mindset.
- Make your plan as specific as possible. Write it down and then follow through. Revisit & make changes to stick to your plan. It’s like your internal GPS, once you know the path to your goal you will not doubt the journey, and it will be easier to re-route.
- Make your goals A HABIT! AND intentionally avoid things that will trigger bad behaviour.
- Accomplish your goals with SUPPORT from others. Reinforcement from others, can encourage us to stay on track. This requires trust in the person you share your goals with.
- Track your progress & reward yourself. Making progress should be rewarded to promote positive behaviour reinforcement.
May your new year’s goal setting ways also include one of the most significant- Nurturing Relationships. Laying the foundation of solid relationships requires effort. Build and support each other is all about self giving. Kindness in acts of giving.
‘Kindness is a behavioural response of compassion and actions that are selfless; or a mindset that places compassion for others before one’s own interests.’*
Let’s continue to spread positivity & kindness to others. It’s contagious!
HAPPY NEW YEAR & CHEERS TO YOU & YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS in 2022!